Too often we see situations where service business owners experience unnecessary levels of stress when managing their business. They are time-poor, bogged down in paperwork and administrative tasks, and can’t focus their attention where they really need it. Job management software (sometimes also called business management software) is one solution.
Importantly, with 80 percent of businesses still stuck in the paperwork past, adopting a job management system that digitises your admin processes can free up a considerable amount of time. Not only will you be able to get on with the job (or enjoy a bit of extra R&R!), but you’ll also get an edge over the competition.
How does it work?
Job management software, like GeoNext, are online platforms that give you access to useful tools wherever you are. Use features like storing and accessing information, scheduling jobs, and managing invoices using ‘Cloud’ technology, which is a secure way of storing information on the internet.
Being accessible on PCs, tablets, and mobiles means your team can stay connected on a secure and efficient system. Take the headache out of keeping track of everything that is going on in the business. Need to access quotes, invoices, expenses, job details, and schedules from any device and have updates instantly integrated for everyone to see? With the Cloud this is possible.
What are the main features I should look for in Job Management Software?
There’s a lot of information needed for an online job management system. This is why, like GeoNext, it’s important to keep things simple and intuitive. The main features of job management software are:
1) Job creation and allocation – store and track your jobs with important details such as customer information, date, location, specifics, notes as well as staff allocation and status.
2) Job schedules and timesheets – track everything on the one calendar making it easier to see what everyone is doing. Staff can integrate their schedules so there aren’t any clashes, as well as using it as a system to put in sick leave, and annual leave as well as to track work hours.
3) Staff location tracking – view the location and routes your staff take through the use of smartphones and Google Maps. Great for finding out an ETA without disrupting staff when they’re on the road.
4) Financial management tools – customise templates to create online quotes and invoices delivered to customers via email or SMS. Also useful for keeping information updated and in the one place where you can track expenses and taxable items.
5) A version for smartphones and tablets – make sure it integrates across multiple devices (ideally for IOS and Android). A job management app can work in real-time so the team can track daily work progress wherever they are.
6) Able to integrate with other software – link up other systems, such as accounting software, into one system so you don’t need to juggle multiple apps.
Why make the switch from manual paperwork?
There are several benefits of business management software that will help your business flourish once you move away from manual paperwork:
It’s a huge time saver – you work quicker and more efficiently. Businesses often underestimate how much time is spent on management and administration. As a small or medium business, you could save a huge amount of time from the reduction in admin work.
Secondly, it’s easier to keep track of everything. Job details, schedules, finances, and team communication are kept in one place. This means that nothing will fall through the cracks.
Job Management software also gives that extra professional touch. You can more easily create professional quotes and invoices, communicate better with clients, and operate a system that is easy to use for your team. No more rummaging around for missing paperwork or lag times in coordinating work.
Get more done and grow your business – greater efficiencies and better visibility of jobs saves time and allows you to plan more effectively. More time to plan means more time to grow your business.
Get in touch and start your journey with job management software today!
Want to find out more about job management software and how it can help you?
My Great Bookkeeper has partnered with GEO to help get you on your way.
We have organised an exclusive deal to help get you going. My Great Bookkeeper clients can get started on a free trial as well as receive 50% off your first month + free onboarding, free support, and free training forever. Visit the GeoNext website to find out more information, start your free trial or book a demonstration with their friendly team.