The NSW Government has announced, if you are a business, sole trader, or not-for-profit organisation in NSW and have been impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions, you may be eligible for the 2021 COVID-19 JobSaver payment to help maintain your NSW employee headcount.
Fortnightly from 18 July 21 subject to lockdown ending.
The payment for small to medium-size businesses will be equivalent to 40% of the weekly payroll for work performed in NSW:
- minimum payment will be $1,500 per week
- maximum payment will be $100,000 per week.
2021 COVID JobSaver Payment Eligibility
To be eligible for JobSaver your business or not-for-profit organisation should:
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Have been operating in NSW on 1 June 2021
- Have had an aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $250 million (inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2020
- Have experienced a decline in turnover of 30% or more due to the public health order over a minimum 2-week period commencing 26 June 2021 compared to:
- the same period in 2019, or
- the same period in 2020, or
- the 2 weeks immediately prior to any restrictions, 12 June to 25 June 2021.
- For employing businesses, maintain your employee headcount from 13 July 2021 if you received payments from the start of JobSaver, or otherwise from the day before the fortnight that you first experienced the required decline in turnover
- For non-employing businesses, such as sole traders, show that the business is the primary income source for the associated person. If you have more than one non-employing business, you can only claim payments for one business.
WIP Application Dates
NSW 2021 COVID-19 JobSaver Payment
Application Closes at 11.59pm 18 October 2021
Method Of Application
To apply for this Grant go to apply online.
For help with your online application, you can contact Service NSW on 13 77 88 to apply for the grant over the phone.
You need a MyServiceNSW Account to apply.
For further information on meeting the criteria of the Covid-19 JobSaver Payment grant Click Here
If your business is on the list of highly impacted industries, you’ll need to declare you have experienced the 30% or more decline in turnover and you don’t need us, but if it is not on this list you will need a letter from your a qualified accountant, registered Tax Agent or registered BAS Agent using the template provided.
Do You Know How To Code
The NSW 2021 COVID-19 JobSaver is not assessable income, as is covered on the ATO Government grants and payments during COVID-19 page.
The 2021 COVID-19 JobSaver Payment grant is Not Reportable on the BAS Business Activity Statement. This means that when completing your bookkeeping, DO NOT code the 2021 COVID-19 JobSaver Payment grant GST Free. The 2021 COVID-19 JobSaver Payment grant is not a GST Free supply.
For your accounting software the BAS GST code for 2021 COVID-19 JobSaver Payment are:
- Xero = BAS Excluded
- MYOB = N-T
- Quicken Intuit = Out of Scope
The Application Process Requires BAS Agents To:
Study eligibility guidelines for the grant programs in each state, which have been continually changing, we do this to determine if we should sign the letter.
Time to understand the information, collect records from you, check if the information on the letter matches the requirements for the grant program, and store this information for our records should we be audited.
For new clients, we require a letter to provide services, informing us that you are not withholding any information such as other bank accounts or cash received in payments before we will proceed in gathering the information required for the grant application letter from you.